- This article is about the game. For the OVA, see NEKOPARA Extra (OVA).
The game foretells a past story about the young Chocola and Vanilla of how they were found and adopted into the Minaduki Family. The short story does not only include young Chocola and Vanilla, but also includes the other young cat girl cast as well.
Six months before the events of Vol. 1, Kashou and Shigure Minaduki found a box in the rain, with two little kittens inside. Taking them home, they named the girls Chocola and Vanilla, and adopted them into their family. Herein are a few snippets of what life was like in the Minaduki family, and all the laughter and tears that came with it.
As part of the Nekopara OVA Kickstarter stretch goal, NEKO Works worked on developing a mini-story about Chocola and Vanilla's past. The first announcement of the game appeared on Twitter in October 24, 2017, featuring a complementary image from the Sayori Fan Club, showing the main cast of the Nekopara girls a few years younger.
On July 7, 2018, Sekai Project posted a progress update about the visual novel on Nekopara OVA Kickstarter page during Anime Expo 2018. They revealed current progress and slated an official release date. NEKO WORKs provided several assets of artwork samples from the game along with character concept artwork. Sekai Project also announced the animation team is nearly done with the Nekopara Extra OVA in conjunction with the visual novel and provided assets of character artwork.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 sayori_nw. (7 Jul 2018) ネコぱらExtra ゲームとアニメが発表されました！7月27日steamで配信予定です！#AX2018. Twitter. Retrieved July 8, 2018.
- ↑ Sekai Project. (9 Feb 2017). Mini VN Stretch Goal REACHED!. Kickstarter. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- ↑ さより@「ネコぱらvol.3」発売中. (24 Oct 2017). 【SAYORI FAN CLUB】記事更新しました！無料記事なので誰でも見れます。キャラ１で配布した冊子のデータ公開していますー OVAの原画とかED曲情報とか色々載ってます （冊子の仔ネコ編の値段は誤植で300円が正しいです）. Twitter. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sekai Project. (7 Jul 2018). Update on NEKOPARA Extra Game and OVA!. Kickstarter. Retrieved July 8, 2018.